Phase I: Before Mugavari was formed
• Conception of the idea of realising the higher education dreams of socially and economically backward students • Our 1st student B.Kasthuri joined MBBS with support of renowned Film Director Mr.A.R.Murugadoss, also our 1st Pillar, on 24.06.2003 • Many financially and socially disadvantaged students started approaching Ramesh for help and he supported the needy students by approaching colleges and known personalities, who slowly joined hands to support the students.
Phase II: Mugavari as a Trust
• Ramesh faced severe financial and psychological crisis. There was continued dilemma on whether or not to continue helping students. • M.Vetrivel, one of Mugavari students, motivated Ramesh and suggested to continue heping the needy students • Mugavari was officially formed with 7 students on Oct 15, 2006 • Mr.Saidai Duraisamy (Chairman, Manidhaneyam Charitable Trust) gave space for Mugavari and its students on 04.10.2007. This greatly helped Mugavari progress onto the next dimension. • The timely introduction of Mr.K.Vaidhialingam (Chairman, Balaji Rubber Industries Pvt Ltd.,), Dr.R.Krishnamoorthy (Chairman, Sri Krish International School) and Dr. V. Nandakumar (IRS, Joint Commissioner of Income Tax, Chennai) enabled Mugavari to increase the number of students being supported – A period of great leap forward for Mugavari. • Mugavari was registered as a Trust ‘Mugavari Foundation’ on 18.11.2011 with the beloved help of our friends Mr.D.Sundaramoorthy,Mr.R.Saravanan and Mr.D.Jaishankar who supported us initially.
Phase III: When Mugavari got its Mugavari (Identity)
• Number of students approaching for aid rapidly gained momentum • Students selection process was initiated and streamlined – New students selected by a Committee of Former students M. Boopathiraja, M. Banupriya, K.S. Sivakumar, P. Manimuthu,D. Arunraj, S. Rajivgandhi, G.S. Durga, A.Dharani and P.Datchayini • The work of Mugavari foundation was covered and published in leading newspapers and magazines like The Hindu, Ananda Vikatan, Puthiya Thalaimurai and other online magazines. • Many great personalities started supporting Mugavari students and joined the Adviosory Board of Mugavari Foundation. It was not just Ramesh who was running the affairs of the Foundation and it truly became a joint effort. • Mugavari provides its students opportunities to build leadership qualities by conducting Team building Workshops. 7 teams have been formed to enhance their soft skills and to work as a team. • Many Mugavari Foundation students cracked various Government competitive examinations like UPSC, TNPSC Group I, Group II, Group IV, IBPS and also joined the Private Sector.
Phase IV: Our Aspiration
• Most number of Medical Students supported in Tamilnadu by an Organisation – 143 Students
• A model Residential School for Children imparting holistic education
• Till date, out of 518 students, 143 are in the Medical Field, 101 are working in top corporate companies, 70 are from Anna University, 61 are in government services. Many others occupy top positions across the nation and the world